iSWAB Discovery Collection Kit
iSWAB-Discovery is a DNA collection kit ideal for Paternity Testing, Genealogy and Ancestry, Population Studies, and Animal Speciation and Genomics.
Additional Information & Downloads
The iSWAB-DSC device allows for the collection and stabilization of DNA at the point of collection without the need for swab inclusion. Typical yields of between 2-7μg (iSWAB-DSC) of DNA with <1% bacterial contamination can be achieved. The gentle collection and lysis chemistry of the alcohol-free iSWAB buffer allows for recovery of double-stranded, large fragment DNA similar to the genomic DNA generated from blood, making it suitable for complex genomics downstream arrays such as microarrays and Next Generation Sequencing.
- Simple, fast and convenient sample collection: Self collection or assisted collection with high simplicity and ease in less than 2 minutes
- High nucleic acid recovery: Up to 7µg of double stranded, long fragment DNA for downstream applications including microarray and NGS
- Low bacterial genomic DNA contamination: Achieve less than 1% bacterial genomic DNA contamination
- Swab-free sample transport: Decrease sample processing time without compromising sample integrity
- Accommodate sampling among various age groups: Suitable for all population segments including infants, toddlers, and elderly
- Traceable: LIMS compatible unique barcodes included on each iSWAB tube for efficient traceability and storage purposes
- Room temperature stable: Reduces sample storage and transport costs by eliminating cold chain requirements
- Scalable and easy to process: Manual and automation friendly sample processing.
Other Related Products
Our team of experts puts in the work sourcing the highest quality products so you can focus on research and results.
The human elements of communication, respect, and understanding are extremely important to us. We want to discuss your specific situations and make sure you not only have what you need, but also have an understanding of each product's capabilities.